PET/CT Scan Preparations
Instructions for Patients
- Do not eat or drink anything more than water for 4-6 hours before your exam because it could interfere with the results; don't even chew gum.
- If you are diabetic, let us know ahead of time so we can work with your physician to determine the safest possible way for you to prepare for your exam.
- If you take medications, drink only enough plain water to swallow them.
- If you've been advised not to take your medications on an empty stomach, eat nothing more than a few soda crackers within the 4-6 hours of your exam.
- In addition, please let us know if you might be pregnant or are currently breast-feeding.
More in this section: